Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG) Technician Instructor
Under the direct supervision of the Education Director, the EKG Instructor provides instruction for EKG courses and maintains course documentation and related EKG Program communication.
Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG) Technician Instructor Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site/online instruction in the areas of ECG/EKG for ECG/EKG students.
- Distribute, in written form, course competencies, performance criteria, established approved grading procedures and standards, attendance and class policies/procedures, and other necessary information to students at the beginning of the course.
- Maintain an environment conducive to effective learning using resources provided.
- Plan, select, prepare and implement appropriate active learning activities to meet all course competencies.
- Teach students about the field of electrocardiography (ECG/EKG), including the history of the profession, the requirements for licensure, and job outlook in various industries.
- Deliver instruction using active learning methods which accommodate different learning styles.
- Conduct in-person practical application of classroom learning through hands-on training and lab exercises.
- Assess student progress and readiness for clinical practice, by tracking all student grades, progress on skills checklist and attendance.
- Oversee and supervise the academic activities of the students to ensure they are performing well and to assist when students may have trouble.
- Provide support, guidance, and advice to students regarding course progress, during their clinical rotations or externships.
- Conduct all coordination and preparation for classes and skills labs.
- Prepare students for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) exam by providing instruction on topics such as physiology, anatomy, medical terminology, and laboratory procedures.
- Report any concerns with instructional materials, lesson plans and skills demonstration to the Educational Director.
- Report Educational Director with any concerns for students that may be having difficulties in the course immediately to determine plan of action for the student.
- Work collaboratively with the administrator, colleagues and staff members to integrate instructional activities and materials.
Electrocardiography (ECG/EKG) Technician Instructor Requirements:
- Experience working as a ECG/EKG Technician
- Ability to deliver instruction using active learning methods which accommodate different learning styles.
- Ability to plan, select, prepare and implement appropriate active learning activities to meet all course competencies.
- Ability to develop, utilize and/or update course competence and summaries.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain competency in the occupational field.
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other colleagues and staff.
- Ability to provide guidance and advice to students as needed.
- Working knowledge of computer concepts.
- Associates in Nursing degree or higher with an active nursing license from the State of Georgia OR Certified ECG/EKG Technician with current, active certification.
- Two years teaching experience preferred but will accept applications from applicants that have completed or willing to complete the Department of Health Services (DHS) approved Train the Trainer program.
- Two-years recent (within the past 5 years) work experience in home health care, or other health care settings which utilizes ECG/EKG Technicians.
- Background check clearance.
Hours: This is an independent contractor position and is not benefit eligible. Schedule and class load will vary. The selected candidate will choose the class schedule that works best with their availability and must be able to complete the class that is chosen.
Salary: Salary is determined based on years of occupational and/or teaching experience, along with education level.
HOW TO APPLY:
IHCA hires on an as needed basis and accordingly we accept resumes and cover letters continuously. If you are interested in sending these items they can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type, “Resume for EKG Technician Instructor Position” in the subject line.
Please do not visit or call the office to inquire about the status of your resume. If an opening arises, and/or we are interested in you as a candidate, we will contact you. At that time, you will need to formally apply for the position, which means you will need to come to our administrative offices located at 150 Butler Avenue, Suite D1 & D3, Midway, GA 31320. When you come, please be prepared to provide the following documentation and information:
1. A copy of your state identification and social security card to verify your current name;
2. A copy of your current nursing license;
3. Your current resume to verify your education, work history and clinical experience in meeting clients’ psychosocial, behavioral, cognitive and physical needs. Please note: you should carefully outline your job duties, describe your employment in care of the chronically ill and describe your home health experience, if applicable.
4. Proof of two years teaching experience (include teaching of nursing assistant courses) or a copy of your certificate of completion from a DHS approved Train the Trainer program.
5. Also please feel free to attach any other information that you deem appropriate and supports your candidacy for this position.
Infinite Health Care Academy does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran's status or national origin in its educational programs or activities, including employment and admissions.
At the same time, Infinite Health Care Academy cherishes its right and duty to seek and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its character, goals and mission in order to enhance students’ experience and impact the healthcare industry.